A unique island experience!
What is a must-see?
The oldest Adriatic tourist town of Opatija, boasting shingle and sandy beaches and beautiful walking trails, is situated below the Učka Nature Park.
Lošinj Island astounds visitors with its crystal clear sea, coniferous forests and beautiful beaches. The unique island experience between the islands of Cres and Lošinj is also conjured up by the most researched group of dolphins in Croatia.
Nautical adventure guidebook
- Visit the Fair of Rab in July, the three-day medieval annual fair where inhabitants of the Rab Island revive their rich and famous history.
- When on the northern side of the Rab Island, be sure to also stop at the well-known paradise beach of Lopar.
- Do not overlook the town of Rijeka, which offers a rich range of cultural and historical sites, churches, temples and museums.
- History enthusiasts should also visit Cres Island, where the streets full of renaissance palaces of noble families, remains of ancient cities and early Christian Church describe life in past times.
- All water sports enthusiasts should visit the "gold" Krk Island with the Krk Sports and Recreational Centre.
- If you are lucky, you might catch a glimpse of the dolphins, a protected species due to their rarity, when navigating between the smaller islands from Cres to Lošinj.
- Nature enthusiasts should visit Susak Island, where asphalt roads and automobiles are nowhere to be seen. The island is famous for its extremely clear sea, sandy beaches and incredible biodiversity.
This list is by no means complete. During your sailing holiday in Croatia, you can combine this and much more. If you need assistance for planning your perfect sailing route in Croatia we’re here to help you.